Unveiling the secrets of the Deep Blue
We set sail from the Arade river mouth towards Portimão’s underwater canyon around 12 miles offshore, a known wildlife hotspot. Upon departure, guests will have a wildlife and environmental awareness briefing.
In the canyon’s vicinity we can often find common dolphins, bottlenose dolphins, minke whales, marlins, sharks, and a variety of marine birds.
We choose only the best weather conditions for this unique ride and will try to sail whenever possible…the experience of sailing with marine mammals around is unique and unforgettable. Depending on the day we can experience a swim in the deep blue offshore waters and the quietness of the big blue ocean.
An unique experience!
- 7 hours trip
- Bring a light lunch or sandwiches.
- Soft drinks, biscuits and fruits are included and available onboard
- Vessel: 44ft Sailing Catamaran “Oceanus”
- Max, 12 guests on board
- Video of the trip with underwater footage
- Marine Biologist onboard
- Safety and Environmental Briefing
- Bathing suit and towel
- Bring a coat. Although the Algarve weather is very pleasant, the sea breeze is always cold
- Sun screen and sun glasses
- If you have any medical condition that can influence your experience on board, please inform us
- Delays are not to be expected, but considering the nature of this activity, are possible
- Be aware of Covid 19 measures in place at the time of your trip by Portuguese Government as they will be enforced onboard
- WILDWATCH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL trips with less than 6 peolple